Georgia Republican Governor Brian Kemp has criticized statements by a Democratic Congressman that pro-Trump National Guardsmen were “totally outrageous” in harming President-elect Joe Biden.
In an interview with The Story on Tuesday, Kemp told host Martha MacCallum that the thousands of guardsmen deployed by Georgia and other states to secure the inauguration were “great patriots.”
Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn., Was bipartisan convicted Monday after telling CNN that the large number of “white men” in the Guard opened up the possibility that they “want to do something”.
“The [National] The guard is 90% male, and only about 20% of the white men voted for Biden, “Cohen said.” You have to find that out in the guard, who are mostly more conservative … they are probably no more than 25% of the people there protected us and voted for Biden. The other 75% belong to the large class of people who might want to do something. “
25,000 NATIONAL GUARD TROOPS THAT CAPITOL WAS USED AS BIDEN INAUGURATION LOOMS
GOV. BRIAN KEMP: I saw this clip and I thought, “That’s pretty outrageous.” He doesn’t know the Georgia National Guard as well as I do. I vividly remember that summer [at] two or three in the morning, walk around the Georgia State Capitol square and shake hands with every guardsman … [who was] Protection of this building in the event of unrest. It was a diverse group like you’ve never seen in your life, and they were there to do one thing, obey orders, protect the Capitol, and protect Atlanta city property and state assets at the time . These are good people …
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
I think that’s just totally outrageous and I’ve also seen a lot about the review process. This is a normal process that goes on … Our Georgia National Guard, it’s amazing what they did …
You did an incredible job in the pandemic helping with testing … food banks, now they are helping us with vaccine delivery. They are great patriots.